A free ServicePack 4 (SP4) for SIMATIC Logon V1.4 is now available for download. It enables you to upgrade existing SIMATIC Logon versions 1.4, 1.4 + SP1, 1.4 + SP2 or 1.4 + SP3 to V1.4 + SP4. The authorizations of the preceding SIMATIC Logon V1.0, V1.1, V1.2 and V1.3 versions are no longer valid for SIMATIC Logon V1.4 and higher.
SIMATIC Logon V1.4 + SP4 is only released for operation with STEP 7 V5.5 + SP1 on a 64-Bit operating system.
The “SIMATIC_LOGON_01_04_04.zip” ServicePack 4 for SIMATIC Logon V1.4 includes the following software components:
- SIMATIC Logon Service – enables access protection for SIMATIC applications
- SIMATIC Logon Admin Tool – administrates users for SIMATIC applications
- SIMATIC Logon Eventlog Viewer – records and displays events for SIMATIC applications
- SIMATIC Electronic Signature – activates and logs activities with digital signatures for SIMATIC applications
- SIMATIC Logon Development Kit – supports the programming engineers with the integration of SIMATIC Logon in customer applications.
Requirements for the use of SIMATIC Logon V1.4 + SP4
Operating system (alternatives)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 incl. Service Pack 1 (Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter)
- Microsoft Windows 7 x64 (Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate)
- Microsoft Windows 7 incl. Service Pack 1 x64 (Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate)
Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 + SP1 and higher
Installation of ServicePack 4
Before the installation please read the information in the readme file!
- Save the download file “SIMATIC_LOGON_01_04_04.zip” in a directory of your choice and then extract it to an arbitrary folder.
- From the extracted files in this folder select the file “Setup.exe” and start it. Follow the installation prompts.
SIMATIC Logon V1.4 + SP4